分享

CCIE语录

王朝other·作者佚名  2008-05-19
窄屏简体版  字體: |||超大  

CCIE #7171

Well I guess it's time for my story. I finally passed at RTP yesterday after a couple of failed attempts. I was very calm on Day 1 since I had been there several times already. One guy quit after lunch and left. I thought I did really well on Day 1 and felt good going into Day 2. Another guy didn't bother showing up on Day 2. That left 3 of us. One lady didn't make it to Day 2 so that left 2 of us. Day 2 was tougher than Day 1 to me. During lunch I was going crazy with the waite to find out if I made it to Troubleshooting. I

did along with the other guy. Then it took over an hour for the Proctor to mess with my configs. That was very hard sitting in the lobby waiting. Finally Troubleshooting....Troubleshooting turned out to be very difficult unlike what most people think. You get 3 hours to complete Troubleshooting...with 10 minutes to guy I hadn't found any more problems for about 20 minutes and pretty much gave up on finding more. The

Proctor came by and told me when he passed he found 5

problems in the last 5 minutes after not finding any

for 40 minutes. So I looked a little longer and found 3 problems. Now the hard part....It took 40 minutes

for him to grade it. My Proctor strung me along

pretty good before finally showing my that little

yellow sticky with my number on it. I had 2 Proctors

on the weekend and both were fantastic.

Michael King

CCIE #7168

Long Journey, short note. Passed my CCIE today in RTP on my first attempt after studying for over 1 year. I think the key for me was a large home lab. With my schedule I could not have passed without it. ISP dial in June, so there is no time to rest, but right now it's time for a beer! Thanks to all my study partners, groupstudy, and very supporting wife.

CCIE #7156

Hi guys:

Finally the day has arrived.

I've just finished the exam.

I got my CCIE in the second attempt.

Both times were in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

I'd like to thank Elaine (the proctor) since she was always open to answer questions and encouraged to all the candidates.

My first attempt was on Feb 21-22, and I didn't pass the first day.

I knew I did stupid mistakes I didn't this time.

Day 1 was OK, and I felt it since I had 2 hours for checking everything,

rebooting routers and re-checking again. Even though, I lost some points.

Day 2 was a little bit difficult but now the spare time was 5min. I missed too much points.

After lunch (I couldn't eat) the proctor told me I needed at least 22 points

(it means I've got 58 between day 1 and 2), I found 25 mistakes.

I can't believe it.

My preparation was:

Read and re-read Internet Routing Architectures, Second Edition, by Sam Halabi.

Read and re-read Routing TCP/IP, by Jeff Doyle.

Read the Cisco Certification: Bridges, Routers, and Switches for CCIE's,

Second Edition, By Bruce Bruce Caslow, Valeriy Pavlichenko.

www-tac.cisco.com, here you have a lot of tips and tricks.

Tons of hands-on, the last 2 weeks I was typing from 8 AM to 8 PM from Monday to Saturday. I used fatkid (www.fatkid.com), thanks Derek, for different scenarios and solutions.

The rack we have at the office has 2 x 2610, 1 x 4500, 4 x 2500s, 1x2511

(access server), a RIP/EIGRP/BGP generator (2514), Cat5500 w/ATM switch and a Cat3900. As you can see in my email address, I work for Cisco in Argentina, for that reason I used all of this stuff.

Tips:

. Remember where to find things in the documentation CD, better if you don't

use it.

. Read the exam carefully.

. Practice and practice and practice.

. Don't get nervous (I was the second day).

. Trust in yourself.

. Practice a scenario, when you finish, delete it and start again.

. Use this newsgroup, I used a lot of information that helped me on this achievement.

To finish, I'd like to thanks to all of you that are always posting great information.

Take care, Nor.

CCIE #7149

I did it. I passed in San Jose attaining the number 7149. It's been a long

hard road to get here. Now I can finally close this chapter. I finished my

day one with 3 hours to spare. That allowed me to check and recheck all my

configs. I finished day 2 with an hour to spare and I finished Troubleshooting in an hour and a half. I only had a few errors to find in

troubleshooting, but I found them all. How did I get to this point. A lot of reading and practice. I read the usual books Doyle, Caslow, and Halibi. I used the bootcamp labs for practice. If you use the bootcamp labs just take off the technologies you know will not be on there. I was fortunate to have great study partners. At the begining I was doing it by myself. I learned so much more when I started studying with others. I truly believe if it wasn't

for them I would have never made it. My suggestions on how to get your number. Read the entire lab. Use good time management skills. There is

plenty of time on the lab unless you don't configure the way you always have. Keep it simple. Set your lab up a layer at a time. If you jump in and try to configure it the way it's layed out in the lab you will have a hard

time passing. Like Cathy told us on the first day, the lab is written in expectation of you reading the whole thing and not doing it section by

section. My proctors were Cathy and Jose. I thought they were awsome. If you

have a question don't be affraid to ask. As long as you can prove to them you know what you're talking about they will help you. This is an attainable goal. Just keep it simple. Don't read to much into the lab. There are tricks, but if you are prepared you will spot them. As long as you prepare

hard and keep a cool head during the lab you will pass. I owe a great deal of thanks to my family for their constant support and to Craig, Wade , and Aaron for all their help. You couldn't ask for a better group of guys to work with. I guess it's time to get back to real life and try to relearn who

my family is.

Carl Timm

CCIE #7146

I don't have a whole lot to say and would rather not go on and on for 20 pages. I pretty much just used www.ccbootcamp.com labs. I briefly looked at some Fatkid and SolutionLabs also. A few months of study and lab work was all it took. Thanks to the group and a special thanks to Marc Rusell and Brad Ellis. If you need any hardware for your home lab be sure to check out www.optsys.net.

Good luck everyone.

John Kaberna

CCIE #7145

Well I guess it is my turn this time. One my 3rd attempt in RTP this Tuesday with Alan Lanier as proctor I was fortunate enough to earn the CCIE

#7145. Alan is a fine proctor who knows what it means to be a CCIE. Also unlike some proctors you get a more detailed explanation of your results. Not to say you get the answers but you know were you need to work if you do

not make it. The stress waiting for the final grade was unbearable. I just knew I had failed it again by a few points...All in all my experience is not unlike any

other you may read about on this list. 9 months of study between work, family, and customers plus 3 tries at the lab it is now done. (It feels like a weight has come off my shoulders) I have been reflecting as so many on

what I'm going to do with my time now??? CCIE Security comes out this summer

barring global meltdown, maybe my boss will let me do that one but my wife???

I would like to thank my wonderful wife Janine and my daughter Sydney for putting up with me, especially the last few days before this attempt. .

Also I would like to than

免责声明:本文为网络用户发布,其观点仅代表作者个人观点,与本站无关,本站仅提供信息存储服务。文中陈述内容未经本站证实,其真实性、完整性、及时性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并请自行核实相关内容。
2023年上半年GDP全球前十五强
 百态   2023-10-24
美众议院议长启动对拜登的弹劾调查
 百态   2023-09-13
上海、济南、武汉等多地出现不明坠落物
 探索   2023-09-06
印度或要将国名改为“巴拉特”
 百态   2023-09-06
男子为女友送行,买票不登机被捕
 百态   2023-08-20
手机地震预警功能怎么开?
 干货   2023-08-06