·页码:288 页码

·出版日:1994年

·ISBN:0064471071

·条码:9780064471077

·版次:1994-07-01

·装帧:平装

·开本:32开 32开

内容简介

Aslan does not always choose the most obvious people to enter Narnia, and C.S. Lewis begins The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by telling us, "There was a boy called Eustace Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it." Not surprisingly, Eustace does not like his cousins, Lucy and Edmund, and when they are sent to stay with him one summer, Eustace can only think how he can make their stay miserable. But this is before the three children see the picture in Lucy's room. Edmund and Lucy recognize it at once as a Narnian ship.

Her prow was gilded and shaped like the head of a dragon with wide-open mouth. She had only one mast and one large, square sail which was a rich purple. The sides of the ship - what you could see of them where the gilded wings of the dragon ended - were green.

"The question is," said Edmund, "whether it doesn't make things worse, looking at a Narnian ship when you can't get there."

Suddenly, and before the children quite understand what is happening, they are tumbling through the picture and into the blue Narnian sea.

Eustace is horrified. He is not even grateful when Prince Caspian and the Narnian sailors pull him safely aboard the Dawn Treader. But Edmund and Lucy are delighted to see their old Narnian friends, especially Caspian and Reepicheep the fearless mouse. As the days pass, Edmund and Lucy love their life on board ship while Eustace sulks and plots revenge. Even escaping from pirates and a terrible storm do not teach him to value his friends. Finally his meanness and greed give him an opportunity for the revenge he wants. But he has to pay a terrible price. Poor Eustace! He only realises just what a monster he is when he is changed into a huge, scaly dragon!

It was very dreary being a dragon. He shuddered whenever he caught sight of his own reflection ... He hated the huge, batlike wings, the saw-edged ridge on his back, and the cruel, curved claws. He was almost afraid to be alone with himself and yet he was ashamed to be with the others.

But has Aslan forgotten Eustace? Will the children escape the chilling Deathwater Island? Who are the Dufflepuds and what is the secret of the terrifying Dark Island which threatens to draw the Dawn Treader into its shadows for ever. And, finally, what is waiting for them at the End of the World? Will they be strong enough to face the last and greatest test?

作者简介

CLIVE STAPLES LEWIS, known as Jack to his friends, was born in 1898. Lewis and his good friend J. R. R. Tolkien, the author of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, were part of the Inklings, an informal writers' club that met at a local pub to discuss story ideas. Lewis's fascination with fairy tales, myths and ancient legends, coupled with inspiration drawn from his childhood, led him to write THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE, one of the best-loved books of all time. Six further books followed to become the immensely popular Chronicles of Narnia. The final title in the series, THE LAST BATTLE, was awarded the Carnegie Medal, one of the highest marks of excellence in children's literature.

媒体推荐

Customer Reviews

Reviewer: NotATameLion (Michigan) - See all my reviews

I have put off reviewing "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" for a long time. There is no other book I have so longed to recommend to others, but I have felt (and still feel) totally inadequate when it comes to expressing what a wonderful story this is. I could go on for days about all the wonderful things contained here. That said, I will try and focus on only a few aspects of this book and then plead with you to read it.

First, I must note that I feel this story should be read in the context of the entire Narnian series. It stands on its own nicely enough, but the deep background of the previous tales adds richness and texture to the tale.

Secondly, I must note that this book is highly enjoyable because it works on two levels. The tale as a whole is the story of a journey into unknown lands. With each new place they visit, the whole is broken into wonderful episodes. My favorite episode (with the exception of the ending) is the island where dreams come true...its not what one would expect.

The character of Eustace is my favorite of all the humans in the Narnian books. This story is partly a tale of his transformation. This seems to be a universal human desire; but Eustace, like all who truly seek transformation must, finds impossible to reform himself. This is an especially timely lesson for our "self-help" culture at the beginning of the twenty-first century.

This brings me to what I like best of "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader." Let me preface what I say here by making it clear that no one hates heavy-handed use of allegory as much as I do. However, the allegory that is "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" is one of the greatest things of beauty I have ever encountered.

In one form or another we are all questing after an unseen kingdom. Be it the kingdom of God, Materialism, or simply of the Self--we are all, like Caspian and his pals, on a quest. I don't wish to give away any endings, but let me just say that the greatest truth Lewis expresses in his book is that no one can reach the True Kingdom on their own.

I urge you to read this book. If I could only have a handful of books, this one would definitely be among them. I give "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" my highest recommendation.

编辑推荐

Aslan does not always choose the most obvious people to enter Narnia, and C.S. Lewis begins The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by telling us, "There was a boy called Eustace Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it." Not surprisingly, Eustace does not like his cousins, Lucy and Edmund, and when they are sent to stay with him one summer, Eustace can only think how he can make their stay miserable. But this is before the three children see the picture in Lucy's room. Edmund and Lucy recognize it at once as a Narnian ship.

Her prow was gilded and shaped like the head of a dragon with wide-open mouth. She had only one mast and one large, square sail which was a rich purple. The sides of the ship - what you could see of them where the gilded wings of the dragon ended - were green.

"The question is," said Edmund, "whether it doesn't make things worse, looking at a Narnian ship when you can't get there."

Suddenly, and before the children quite understand what is happening, they are tumbling through the picture and into the blue Narnian sea.

Eustace is horrified. He is not even grateful when Prince Caspian and the Narnian sailors pull him safely aboard the Dawn Treader. But Edmund and Lucy are delighted to see their old Narnian friends, especially Caspian and Reepicheep the fearless mouse. As the days pass, Edmund and Lucy love their life on board ship while Eustace sulks and plots revenge. Even escaping from pirates and a terrible storm do not teach him to value his friends. Finally his meanness and greed give him an opportunity for the revenge he wants. But he has to pay a terrible price. Poor Eustace! He only realises just what a monster he is when he is changed into a huge, scaly dragon!

It was very dreary being a dragon. He shuddered whenever he caught sight of his own reflection ... He hated the huge, batlike wings, the saw-edged ridge on his back, and the cruel, curved claws. He was almost afraid to be alone with himself and yet he was ashamed to be with the others.

But has Aslan forgotten Eustace? Will the children escape the chilling Deathwater Island? Who are the Dufflepuds and what is the secret of the terrifying Dark Island which threatens to draw the Dawn Treader into its shadows for ever. And, finally, what is waiting for them at the End of the World? Will they be strong enough to face the last and greatest test?

目录

The Picture in the Bedroom

On Board the Dawn Treader

The Lone Islands

What Caspian Did There

The Storm and What Came of It

The Adventures of Eustace

……[看更多目录]

点此购买报价¥48.40

免责声明:本文为网络用户发布,其观点仅代表作者个人观点,与本站无关,本站仅提供信息存储服务。文中陈述内容未经本站证实,其真实性、完整性、及时性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并请自行核实相关内容。
2023年上半年GDP全球前十五强
 百态   2023-10-24
美众议院议长启动对拜登的弹劾调查
 百态   2023-09-13
上海、济南、武汉等多地出现不明坠落物
 探索   2023-09-06
印度或要将国名改为“巴拉特”
 百态   2023-09-06
男子为女友送行,买票不登机被捕
 百态   2023-08-20
手机地震预警功能怎么开?
 干货   2023-08-06