分享

Learning ADSI - Part 1: Adding Users To W2K

王朝asp·作者佚名  2006-01-31
窄屏简体版  字體: |||超大  

Introduction

As the desire and need for the Internet grew, Microsoft created new products and modified its old ones. Windows OS required features that gave developers and administrators the option to perform tasks remotely. Microsoft responded in part with Active Directory Services Interface (ADSI). ADSI provides a single set of directory interfaces for accessing and managing network resources. So for instance, an administrator could change user permissions or add a user to a network, independent of network environment, using a Web interface or a VB program.

Caveat

As the desire and need for the Internet grew, Microsoft created new products and modified its old ones. Windows OS required features that gave developers and administrators the option to perform tasks remotely. Microsoft responded in part with Active Directory Services Interface (ADSI). ADSI provides a single set of directory interfaces for accessing and managing network resources. So for instance, an administrator could change user permissions or add a user to a network, independent of network environment, using a Web interface or a VB program.

Caveat

Please keep in mind that you are going to modify the basics of the Windows NT security model. You should be very alert when dealing with ADSI. Keep in mind that a simple mistype could mean reformatting and reinstalling your system. Don't do it on a operational machine! Please know that I have tried to make the following code as accurate as possible. Yet I can't guarantee their outcome. So please don't just copy and paste. I know it is very attractive, but it could cause you to spend the next couple of hours looking at a very appealing Windows installation screen.

Please keep in mind that you are going to modify the basics of the Windows NT security model. You should be very alert when dealing with ADSI. Keep in mind that a simple mistype could mean reformatting and reinstalling your system. Don't do it on a operational machine! Please know that I have tried to make the following code as accurate as possible. Yet I can't guarantee their outcome. So please don't just copy and paste. I know it is very attractive, but it could cause you to spend the next couple of hours looking at a very appealing Windows installation screen.

Windows Security Account Manager

The Security Account Manager (SAM) is the portion of Windows which registers and holds all user information and knows all the default configuration settings. Our first meeting with SAM entails the process of creating a user. This applies to Windows 2000 as well as Windows NT 4.0.

NOTE: In order for the following code to work, administrator rights are required.

The Security Account Manager (SAM) is the portion of Windows which registers and holds all user information and knows all the default configuration settings. Our first meeting with SAM entails the process of creating a user. This applies to Windows 2000 as well as Windows NT 4.0.

NOTE: In order for the following code to work, administrator rights are required.

Adding A User to The SAM

<%

1. AddUser "newuser","mydomain"

3. Sub AddUser(strUser,strDomain)

4. Dim Computer

5. Dim User

7. Set Computer = Getobject("WinNT://" & strDomain)

8. Set User = computer.create("User",strUser)

9. User.setinfo

11. Set User = nothing

12. Set computer = nothing

13. End sub

%>

This code can be activated by calling it anywhere in the ASP page (line 1). Also, make sure to spell winnt like the example given in line 7. ADSI is very case sensitive and will refuse to work if you spell it differently. As you can see there are no attributes given; this user is created without a password. Let's do something about that.

<%

1. AddUser "newuser","mydomain","New user","adsi","Our best employee"

3. Sub AddUser(strUser,strDomain,strFullname,strPassword,strDesc)

4. Dim Computer

5. Dim User

8. User.fullname = strFullname

9. User.Description = strDesc

10. call User.SetPassword(strPassword)

11. User.setinfo

13. Set User = nothing

14. Set computer = nothing

15. End sub

%>

As you can see, I added more than just a password. I also added the fullname and the description. These aren't really important if you have a system with 5 users, but large corporations usually have a policy about that. Please be advised that the above code is for adding a new user. I will cover modifying an existing user in a future article. The problem about ADSI is that you can't guess the code. It's not as easy as only punching up user.[attribute_name].

This code can be activated by calling it anywhere in the ASP page (line 1). Also, make sure to spell winnt like the example given in line 7. ADSI is very case sensitive and will refuse to work if you spell it differently. As you can see there are no attributes given; this user is created without a password. Let's do something about that.

<%

4. Dim Computer

5. Dim User

11. User.setinfo

13. Set User = nothing

15. End sub

%>

As you can see, I added more than just a password. I also added the fullname and the description. These aren't really important if you have a system with 5 users, but large corporations usually have a policy about that. Please be advised that the above code is for adding a new user. I will cover modifying an existing user in a future article. The problem about ADSI is that you can't guess the code. It's not as easy as only punching up user.[attribute_name].

As you can see, I added more than just a password. I also added the fullname and the description. These aren't really important if you have a system with 5 users, but large corporations usually have a policy about that. Please be advised that the above code is for adding a new user. I will cover modifying an existing user in a future article. The problem about ADSI is that you can't guess the code. It's not as easy as only punching up user.[attribute_name]. Next stop is the userflags. These control options such as "Password Never Expires" and "Account Disabled".

<%

1. UserFlags "newuser","mydomain",0,False,True,True,True

3. Sub UserFlags(strUser,strDomain,strPassexpires,strNochange,strNoexpire, & _

strDisable,strLocked)

4. Dim User

5. Dim Flags

7. Set User = Getobject("WinNT://" & strDomain & "/" & strUser & ",user")

8. Flags = User.Get("UserFlags")

10. User.put "PasswordExpired",strPassexpires

11. User.Accountdisabled = strDisable

12. if strNochange = "true" then

13. User.put "UserFlags", Flags OR &H00040

14. End if

15. If strNoexpire = "true" then

16. User.put "Userflags", flags OR &H10000

17. end if

18. User.IsAccountLocked = strLocked

20. Set User = nothing

21. End sub

%>

In the example above I gave my new user some restrictions. The outcome of this subroutine is that my new user will have a valid password (password isn't expired because it's set on 0. If you change it to 1, the password isn't valid anymore. If the password is expired, the user will be forced to change it at the next login). He will be unable to change his own password; his password will never expire; and his account is disabled and locked. In order to change, this you should modify the subroutine call.

<%

strDisable,strLocked)

4. Dim User

5. Dim Flags

14. End if

17. end if

20. Set User = nothing

21. End sub

%>

In the example above I gave my new user some restrictions. The outcome of this subroutine is that my new user will have a valid password (password isn't expired because it's set on 0. If you change it to 1, the password isn't valid anymore. If the password is expired, the user will be forced to change it at the next login). He will be unable to change his own password; his password will never expire; and his account is disabled and locked. In order to change, this you should modify the subroutine call.

So now we have a new user with all the default settings. Maybe this is enough for your home situation, but many companies want to set more boundaries for their users. Also, a lot of companies have the personal settings of their users stored on a separate network drive. ADSI allows you to make sure your new users have the same configuration as every other employee.

<%

1. userconfig "newuser","mydomain","c:\myprofiles\","myscript.cmd","c:\","z:\", & _

#mm/dd/yyyy#,"true"

3. sub userconfig(strUser,strDomain,strProfile,strScript,strHomedir, & _

strHomedirdrive,strAccountexpire,strPassrequired)

4. Dim User

5. Dim Flags

9. User.Profile = strProfile

10. User.LoginScript = strScript

11. User.Homedirectory = strHomedir

12. User.Put("HomeDirDrive"),strHomedirdrive

13. User.AccountExpirationDate = strAccountexpire

14. User.Passwordrequired = strPassrequired

16. Set User = nothing

17. end sub

%>

Now we have all the information we need to make a new user. I'm not going to explain these options because if you don't know them, you don't need to use them. The three subroutines we created can be used perfectly in combination with each other (see below). Remember, please test on a non-operational system first!

<%

1. userconfig "newuser","mydomain","c:\myprofiles\","myscript.cmd","c:\","z:\", & _

#mm/dd/yyyy#,"true"

4. Dim User

5. Dim Flags

16. Set User = nothing

17. end sub

%>

Now we have all the information we need to make a new user. I'm not going to explain these options because if you don't know them, you don't need to use them. The three subroutines we created can be used perfectly in combination with each other (see below). Remember, please test on a non-operational system first!

Look out for little mistakes and adjust the code so it applies to your situation. Just in case: I cannot be held responsible for any damage that could occur before, during or after implementing and using this code.

<%

2. UserFlags "newuser","mydomain",0,False,True,True,True

3. userconfig "newuser","mydomain","c:\myprofiles\","myscript.cmd","c:\","z:\", & _

#mm/dd/yyyy#,"true"

6. Sub AddUser(strUser,strDomain,strFullname,strPassword,strDesc)

7. Dim Computer,User

8. Set Computer = Getobject("WinNT://" & strDomain)

9. Set User = computer.create("User",strUser)

10. User.fullname = strFullname

11. User.Description = strDesc

12. call User.SetPassword(strPassword)

13. User.setinfo

15. Set User = nothing

16. Set computer = nothing

17. End sub

19. Sub UserFlags(strUser,strDomain,strPassexpires,strNochange,strNoexpire, & _

strDisable,strLocked)

20. Dim User,Flags

21. Set User = Getobject("WinNT://" & strDomain & "/" & strUser & ",user")

22. Flags = User.Get("UserFlags")

23. User.put "PasswordExpired",strPassexpires

24. User.Accountdisabled = strDisable

25. if strNochange = "true" then

26. User.put "UserFlags", Flags OR &H00040

27. End if

28. If strNoexpire = "true" then

29. User.put "Userflags", flags OR &H10000

30. end if

31. User.IsAccountLocked = strLocked

33. Set User = nothing

34. End sub

36. Sub userconfig(strUser,strDomain,strProfile,strScript,strHomedir, & _

37. Dim User,Flags

38. Set User = Getobject("WinNT://" & strDomain & "/" & strUser & ",user")

39. User.Profile = strProfile

40. User.LoginScript = strScript

41. User.Homedirectory = strHomedir

42. User.Put("HomeDirDrive"),strHomedirdrive

43. User.AccountExpirationDate = strAccountexpire

44. User.Passwordrequired = strPassrequired

46. Set User = nothing

47. End sub

%>

<%

3. userconfig "newuser","mydomain","c:\myprofiles\","myscript.cmd","c:\","z:\", & _

#mm/dd/yyyy#,"true"

7. Dim Computer,User

13. User.setinfo

15. Set User = nothing

17. End sub

strDisable,strLocked)

20. Dim User,Flags

27. End if

30. end if

33. Set User = nothing

34. End sub

37. Dim User,Flags

46. Set User = nothing

47. End sub

%>

<%

1. AddUser "newuser","mydomain"

3. Sub AddUser(strUser,strDomain)

4. Dim Computer

5. Dim User

9. User.setinfo

11. Set User = nothing

12. Set computer = nothing

13. End sub

%>

<%

4. Dim Computer

5. Dim User

11. User.setinfo

13. Set User = nothing

15. End sub

%>

<%

4. Dim Computer

5. Dim User

11. User.setinfo

13. Set User = nothing

15. End sub

%>

Next stop is the userflags. These control options such as "Password Never Expires" and "Account Disabled".

<%

strDisable,strLocked)

4. Dim User

5. Dim Flags

14. End if

17. end if

20. Set User = nothing

21. End sub

%>

<%

strDisable,strLocked)

4. Dim User

5. Dim Flags

14. End if

17. end if

20. Set User = nothing

21. End sub

%>

So now we have a new user with all the default settings. Maybe this is enough for your home situation, but many companies want to set more boundaries for their users. Also, a lot of companies have the personal settings of their users stored on a separate network drive. ADSI allows you to make sure your new users have the same configuration as every other employee.

<%

#mm/dd/yyyy#,"true"

4. Dim User

5. Dim Flags

16. Set User = nothing

17. end sub

%>

<%

#mm/dd/yyyy#,"true"

4. Dim User

5. Dim Flags

16. Set User = nothing

17. end sub

%>

Look out for little mistakes and adjust the code so it applies to your situation. Just in case: I cannot be held responsible for any damage that could occur before, during or after implementing and using this code.

<%

#mm/dd/yyyy#,"true"

7. Dim Computer,User

13. User.setinfo

15. Set User = nothing

17. End sub

strDisable,strLocked)

20. Dim User,Flags

27. End if

30. end if

33. Set User = nothing

34. End sub

37. Dim User,Flags

46. Set User = nothing

47. End sub

%>

<%

#mm/dd/yyyy#,"true"

7. Dim Computer,User

13. User.setinfo

15. Set User = nothing

17. End sub

strDisable,strLocked)

20. Dim User,Flags

27. End if

30. end if

33. Set User = nothing

34. End sub

37. Dim User,Flags

46. Set User = nothing

47. End sub

%>

About the Author

Remie Bolte is a student at communicatiesystemen in the Netherlands. He has experience with VB, ASP, VBScript and SQL. His goal in life is to clean up the Internet and show people how it can benefit their needs. Remie can be reached at r.bolte@vinrem.nl.

Remie Bolte is a student at communicatiesystemen in the Netherlands. He has experience with VB, ASP, VBScript and SQL. His goal in life is to clean up the Internet and show people how it can benefit their needs. Remie can be reached at r.bolte@vinrem.nl.

免责声明:本文为网络用户发布,其观点仅代表作者个人观点,与本站无关,本站仅提供信息存储服务。文中陈述内容未经本站证实,其真实性、完整性、及时性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并请自行核实相关内容。
2023年上半年GDP全球前十五强
 百态   2023-10-24
美众议院议长启动对拜登的弹劾调查
 百态   2023-09-13
上海、济南、武汉等多地出现不明坠落物
 探索   2023-09-06
印度或要将国名改为“巴拉特”
 百态   2023-09-06
男子为女友送行,买票不登机被捕
 百态   2023-08-20
手机地震预警功能怎么开?
 干货   2023-08-06