分享

跨专业考研的可以看一下

王朝other·作者佚名  2006-04-10
窄屏简体版  字體: |||超大  

最近看到小潘为了考研报什么专业而苦恼(我是选择了双跨),希望跨专业考研的同学能看到下面这个帖子.是李开复对一个同学的回答.我觉得很好.

问题:我在学计算机专业,但是对市场金融更感兴趣,应该怎么办?

回答:

虽然我一向赞成追逐兴趣,但是苦读已成的同学当然要考虑自己已经投入的精力,尤其当自己对兴趣不是那么有把握时。找到兴趣与专业的结合,在慢慢发掘自己真正的兴趣,是不放弃理想,又不违背实际的做法。

如果你的兴趣在市场、金融,可能可以从结合你的专业和兴趣着手。也许考虑作IT技术的市场方面开始?或是到金融公司做IT方面的技术人员?

---开复

I think you should follow your passion and interest. If after four years` study in computer science, you are still not interested in it, then it`s pretty certain that you are indeed not interested in it. That does not mean that you have wasted your four years in CS. The learning skills and the knowledges in computer science itself will be very helpful in your pursuits of other careers.

If you don`t have much experience with Marketing, then you can`t be very sure that you will really be interested in it once you get more hands-on experience. However, I think you should at least explore your interests. It`s not uncommon for CS graduates to work in other fields. I graudated from a CS class about 10 years ago. Some people from my class landed on jobs that had nothing to do with CS, and even some of them are very successful in those fields today.

Sometimes, until you have hands-on experience, you don`t know really what you want. Sometimes, stressful study schedule may also make you feel bored in the fields that you actually do have interest in. I was in the same boat when I graduated from college. I could choose to enter our graduate schools of almost any major, even though I majored in CS. Somewhat tired of CS, I chose our management school, only to find out that the stuff that I fancied in the field of management was not really what I liked, and I started to miss CS again. Luckily, I was still applying for a U.S. school in parallel, and got back to CS by enrolling in that school.

To summarize, I feel you should be brave enough to explore and find your own interest. In case things don`t work out, you still have options to come back to CS, if you wish to.

--- Anonymous

Here are some of my points:

(1) Why do you think you are interested in marketing? Do you know enough about the field, like what the job entails? If not, before you jump into this, you should really try to understand it, such as trying an internship or a part-time job (even if it is without pay) to understand the field.

(2) If you decide to go into marketing, I advise that you try to use you computer science background as an advantage, whether it means you can bring the latest thinking in related technologies (such as targeted marketing, CRM, computer animation/design...). This will help offset your deficits in not having majored in the area.

(3) If you decide it is too soon to change fields, but you don`t want to give up either marketing or computer sicence, it is entirely OK to get into a US school and pursue a computer science degree. You could pick a school that has a good program in marketing, and take some classes in marketing to make up your mind.

(4) You could also search to see if there are any programs in the US that specializes `computer engineering for marketing` -- for example, CMU`s business school has a lot of computer specialties, and may have a program that can allow you to pursue both together.

As I said before, this is your decision, and only you know the right answer in your heart. I can only help you understand additional options, and give you our input on each option.

Good luck,

Kai-Fu

免责声明:本文为网络用户发布,其观点仅代表作者个人观点,与本站无关,本站仅提供信息存储服务。文中陈述内容未经本站证实,其真实性、完整性、及时性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并请自行核实相关内容。
2023年上半年GDP全球前十五强
 百态   2023-10-24
美众议院议长启动对拜登的弹劾调查
 百态   2023-09-13
上海、济南、武汉等多地出现不明坠落物
 探索   2023-09-06
印度或要将国名改为“巴拉特”
 百态   2023-09-06
男子为女友送行,买票不登机被捕
 百态   2023-08-20
手机地震预警功能怎么开?
 干货   2023-08-06