人与人之间的吵架不愉快是难免的。
生气的时侯不能用自己习惯的语言来表达自己的情绪不是很讨厌吗?
这里有一些吵架生气时的用语, 希望会对你有「帮助」哩!
You blow it! 你把事情搞砸了!
A: We could have got the deal , but you blew the whole thing!
A: 我们原本可以达成那笔交易的, 但是你把整个事情都搞砸了!
B: What did I do?
B: 我作了什么呢?
blow up"是「发脾气」的意思。 "You''d better take off right now. Kevin will blow up if you''re late again." 你最好现在就出发吧! 你要是再迟到, Kevin 会气炸的。
Get lost ! 滚开吧!
Why don''t you get lost? You filthy scum
这个没用的东西, 为什么不离我远一点呢?
filthy 是脏的意思。scum则指「污垢」、「废物」。
Get on a person''s nerves ! 把某人惹火
You''re really getting on my nerves.
你真的把我惹火了!
nerve 除了「神经」, 还有「胆量」的意思。如 "He had the nerve to say that." 他竟然有胆说那种话。
hard feelings 怨气
A: Man, I''m really sorry about what happened last night.
A: 老兄啊! 昨晚的事真是抱歉...
B: It''s all right. It''s over with. No hard feelings.
B: 没关系。已经过去了。没什么好生气了。
"It''s over with" 是「已经过去了」。结束某种不愉快的情绪, 可以用 「get over」。 如 "I know you were mad at him for what he had done. But, it has been five years. Get over it." 我知道你很气他所作的事, 但是这已经是五年前的事了, 你应该释怀了。
at the top of one''s lungs 大声喊
A: I''m here right in front of you. Why are you yelling at me at the top of your lungs?
A: 我就在妳面前, 妳为什么要对我大声吼叫呢?
B: Maybe because you''ve been ignoring my feelings too long.
B: 也许因为你忽略我的感觉太久了。
leave someone alone ! 不干涉; 听其自然
A: Isn''t it about time Jane visited her hairdresser? Her bangs are hanging all over her face now.
A: Jane 该去见她的美发师了吧! 她的浏海都(长到)垂到脸上了。
B: Leave her alone. Maybe she likes to have her eyes covered so she doesn''t have to see your face.
B: 妳管她! 也许她希望(头发长到)把眼睛盖住, 好看不见妳的脸啊!
"leave me alone"有要求别人「不要管」的意思。"hairdresser" 是花时间整理你头发的「美发师」; "barber" 则是收费低廉, 5分钟就把你的头发剪好送出门的「理发师」。
stab a person in the back 背后捅刀; 出卖某人
A: I can''t believe my best friend stabbed me in the back.
A: 我不敢相信我最好的朋友竟然出卖我。
B: What happened?
B: 怎么回事?
"stab a person in the back" 和 "sell a person out" 都是「出卖某人」的意思。
take it out on a person 向某人发泄
A: Be angry all you want. Don''t take it out on me. I didn''t do anything.
A: 你盡量生氣, 別把氣出在我頭上就是了。我又沒怎樣。
B: Go away.
B: 走開。
"Don''t vent your anger on me." 也是「別把氣出在我頭上」的意思。
at each other''s throats 吵架
A: I can''t believe Sean and Keith. They were at each other''s throats in front of the whole class yesterday.
A: 我真不敢相信 Sean 跟 Keith会这样。他俩昨天当着整个班上互相叫骂起来了。
B: They fight all the time. You didn''t know that?
B: 他们经常在吵架, 你不知道吗?
Cool it! 冷静点!
A: I''m gonna kill Cliff for doing this crap to me.
A: Cliff 对我作这样的「好事」, 我要把他杀了。
B: Hey! Cool it!
B: 嘿! 冷静点!
"crap" 是原意是「排泄物」的意思, 有些人觉得"shit"这个字很粗, 就会用"crap"来代替它。
"Cool it." 是当一个人很冲动时, 用来劝他静下来的词语。除了"Cool it!"、 "Cool off!"外, "Cool out!"; "Chill out! 都是一样的意思。
have a chip on one''s shoulder 心存芥蒂
A: Blanche''s already apologized and asked for your forgiveness. Why do you still have a chip on your shoulder?
A: Blanche 已经(跟你)道歉过, 也请你原谅她。你为什么还是心存芥蒂呢?
B: I don''t know. I guess I never really got over it.
B: 我不知道。也许我对这件事从来没有真正释怀吧!
或许你也曾经有过类似上面的经验; 以为自己经对一件别人做错的事释怀了, 当你再度面对这个人时, 那种气气的感觉又回来了。也许没说到几句话, 你又忍不住地责备对方一顿。这种感觉就是这里所说的"have a chip on one''s shoulder"。
make up 和好
A: Are you and Eileen still talking at all?
A: 你和 Eileen 还有没有说话呢?
B: Yeah, we''ve made up.
B: 有啦! 我们和好了。
"make up" 除了当「化妆」外, 也是「和好」的意思。"Let''s make up." 就是「我们和好吧!」的意思。