MR. CRAWFORD: Ms. Segura, step into my office, please. 瑟姑拉小姐,
MR. CRAWFORD: Bring your steno pad. 请带著速记簿到我的办公室来!
MR. CRAWFORD: To Mr. James C. Wilson, President, United Printing Corp. 给联合印刷公司董事长詹姆斯?威尔逊先生,
MR. CRAWFORD: You can look up the address in the files. 你可在档案中找到他的地址.
LAURA: Yes, sir. 是的, 先生.
MR. CRAWFORD: "Dear Sir: Please send this office 10,000 copies of the World''s Fair brochure. Thank you. Sincerely," and sign my name. "威尔逊先生, 请寄一万份世界博览会手册, 谢谢您" 然後签我的名字.
LAURA: Yes, sir. 是的, 先生.
MR. CRAWFORD: Send that out this morning, Ms. Segura. 今天早上要寄出, 瑟姑拉小姐.
LAURA: Yes, sir. 是的, 先生.
MR. CRAWFORD: It''s Mrs. Crawford''s birthday. 今天是郭佛太太的生日,
MR. CRAWFORD: I want to buy her some flowers. 我要买些花给她,
MR. CRAWFORD: Call up the florist and tell him to send my wife a dozen roses. 打个电话给花商, 请他送一打玫瑰给我太太.
LAURA: Yes, sir. 是的. 先生.
MR. CRAWFORD: Ms. Segura, 瑟姑拉小姐,
MR. CRAWFORD: here is yesterday''s letter to Bissell Industries. 这是昨天给比塞尔实业公司的信,
MR. CRAWFORD: There is an error in the second paragraph. Please be more careful, Ms. Segura. 在第二段中有个错误, 请多加小心, 瑟姑拉小姐.
LAURA: Yes, sir. 是的, 先生.
MR. CRAWFORD: Any questions? 有什麽问题吗?
LAURA: Only one. 只有一个.
MR. CRAWFORD: Yes? 什麽事?
LAURA: When do you want to look for a new secretary? 您什麽时候要另外找一个秘书?
MR. CRAWFORD: I don''t understand, Ms. Segura. We don''t need another secretary. 我不明白你的意思, 瑟姑拉小姐, 我们并不需要另外新的秘书啊?
LAURA: I am giving you two weeks'' notice, Mr. Crawford. 我给您两个星期去物色, 郭佛先生.
MR. CRAWFORD: Are you resigning from the firm, Ms. Segura? 瑟姑拉小姐, 你真的要辞职吗?
LAURA: Yes, Mr. Crawford. I''m sure you can find someone better than I. 是的, 郭佛先生, 我相信您一定能找到比我更行的秘书.
MR. CRAWFORD: Very well, Ms. Segura. Put an ad for a secretary in tomorrow''s paper. 好吧, 瑟姑拉小姐, 在明天报上刊个徵求秘书的广告.
LAURA: Yes, Mr. Crawford. 是的, 郭佛先生.
MR. CRAWFORD: This is very inconvenient. 真是麻烦.
LAURA: I''m sure it is. 我相信是很麻烦.
SALESMAN: Can I help you? 我能效劳吗?
MRS. NIKZAD: Yes. I want to paint my son''s bedroom. I think sky blue is pretty color. 是的, 我要粉刷我孩子的卧室, 我想天蓝色的颜色很棒.
SALESMAN: How big is the room? 房间有多大?
MRS. NIKZAD: Not very big. 不很大.
SALESMAN: How many gallons of paint do you want? 你要多少加仑的油漆呢?
MRS. NIKZAD: I don''t know. 我也不晓得.
SALESMAN: Look, why don''t you tell your painter to buy the paint? 嘿, 你为什麽不告诉你的油漆匠去买油漆呢?
MRS. NIKZAD: I am the painter. 我就是油漆匠.
SALESMAN: Well, then. Do you know the size of the room? 哦, 那麽, 你知道房间的尺寸吗?
MRS. NIKZAD: No. I''m sorry, I don''t. 不, 很抱歉, 我不知道.
SALESMAN: Is it larger or smaller than this store? 它比这个商店大或小?
MRS. NIKZAD: It''s about half the size of this store. 大约是这个店的一半大小.
SALESMAN: You need two gallons. 你需要两加仑.
MRS. NIKZAD: Now what do I do? 现在我该怎麽办?
SALESMAN: Madam, why don''t you get a painter? 夫人, 你为什麽不找个油漆匠?
MRS. NIKZAD: My son and I want to paint the room together. 我儿子要跟我一起粉刷房间.
SALESMAN: All right. Here. Read these instructions. Do you want the paint now? 好, 这里, 看看这些指导说明, 你现在就要油漆吗?
MRS. NIKZAD: Yes, please. 是的.
SALESMAN: $21.39. 两加仑天蓝色的共是二十一元元角九分.?Two gallons of sky blue. That''s
MRS. NIKZAD: Thank you. What time do you close? 谢谢, 你什麽时候关店?
SALESMAN: We''re open till 6:30 tonight. 我们今晚营业到六点卅分.