窄屏简体版  字體: |||超大  

(本卷满分150分,考试时间120分钟)

第一卷(三部分,共115分)

第一部分:听力(共两节,满分30分)(略)

第二部分:英语知识运用(共两节,满分45分)

第一节 单项填空(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)

从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的正确答案,并在答题纸上将该项涂黑。

21.—Where can I tie the horse?

—Oh, you can tie it to _____ of the trees.

A. both B. every C. each D. either

22. Let’s _____ to clean the house. It’s too dirty.

A. set about B. set out C. set off D. set down

23. ___ is mentioned above, the number of the students in senior high school is increasing.

A. As B. It C. That D. What

24. _____ this text can be used for listening has not been decided yet.

A. Which B. If C. Whether D. As

25.—Thank you for your help.

—_____. Good luck.

A. With pleasure B. Yes C. My pleasure D. No

26. Your shoes are _____.

A. where they were B. the place you put

C. in the corner that you put D. there where they are

27. I like _____ of the two films, for this is _____ than that one.

A. both;not more interesting B. either;no more interesting

C. neither;no more interesting D. either, not more interesting

28. _____ turn color and fall to the ground is a sign of winter.

A. That leaf B. That leaves C. Those leaf D. Those leaves

29.—It was fine yesterday.

—_____. And a very nice day for fishing, isn’t it?

A. So it was B. It is so C. So it is D. So is it

30. Mrs. White found her husband surrounded by letters and papers and _____ very worried.

A. look B. looks C. looking D. to look

31. Workers in this factory are paid _____ the day.

A. on B. in C. by D. with

32. He will be late _____ he can catch the 10:30 train.

A. if B. as if C. if not D. even if

33. The dictionary still _____ where I _____ it a moment ago.

A. lies;laid B. lied;lay C. laid;laid D. lies;lay

34. I like the book _____ by Tom.

A. written B. be written C. writing D. to write

35. Just as the value of a telephone network increases with each new phone _____ to the system, so does the value of a computer system increase with each program that turns out.

A. adding B. to have added C. to add D. added

第二节 完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,共30分)

阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从各题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题纸上将该项涂黑。

Yesterday evening I was watching the evening news on television. The news was about a 36 for scientific discoveries. The announcer, whose name was Ralph Story, 37 something that caught my 38 .“All great discoveries,”he said,“are made by people between the age of twenty-five and thirty.”Being a little over thirty myself, I wanted to 39 with him. Nobody wants to think that he is past the age of making any 40 . The next day I went to the public library, spending several hours, and 41 to find the ages of famous people and their discoveries. Ralph was right.

First I looked at some of the 42 discoveries. One of the earliest, the famous one that 43 that bodies of different weight 44 at the same speed, was made by Galileo when he was 26. Madam Curie started her research that led to a Nobel Prize when she was 28. Einstein was 26 when he 45 his world-changing theory of relativity. Well, 46 of that. Yet I wondered if those“best years”were true in other 47 .

Then how about 48 ? Surely it needed the wisdom of 49 to make a good leader. Perhaps it does, but look when these people 50 their careers. Winston Churchill was elected to the House of Commons at the age of 26. Abraham Lincoln 51 the life of a country lawyer and was elected to the government at what age? Twenty-six.

But why don’t best years come after thirty? After thirty, I 52 most people do not want to take risks or try new ways in their lives. Then I thought of those famous people 53 Shakespeare and Picasso. The former one was writing wonderful 54 at the late age of fifty, 55 the latter was still trying new ways of painting when he was ninety!

36. A. program B. prize C. conference D. report

37. A. said B. announced C. explained D. studied

38. A. mind B. care C. attention D. surprise

39. A. disagree B. talk C. meet D. advise

40. A. chance B. discovery C. research D. fortune

41. A. happened B. wanted C. succeeded D. managed

42. A. last B. scientific C. oldest D. modern

43. A. found B. proved C. doubted D. showed

44. A. disappear B. move C. meet D. fall

45. A. invented B. developed C. published D made

46. A. plenty B. enough C. much D. all

47. A. fields B. science C. course D. ages

48. A. election B. politics C. leaders D. society

49. A. age B. brain C. living D. leadership

50. A. finished B. won C. started D. defeated

51. A. led B. devoted C. began D. gave up

52. A. guess B. know C. believe D. agree

53. A. as B. to be C. like D. about

54. A. paintings B. idioms C. poems D. works

55. A. when B. while C. who D. after

第三部分:阅读理解(共20小题;每小题2分,满分40分)

阅读下列短文,从每题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题纸上将该项涂黑。

A

A special laboratory at the University of Chicago is busy only at night. It is a dream laboratory where researchers are at work studying dreamers. Their findings have discovered that everyone dreams from three to seven times a night, although in ordinary life a person may remember none or only one of his dreams.

While the subjects—usually students—sleep, special machines record their brain waves and eye movements as well as the body movements that signal the end of a dream. Surprisingly, all subjects sleep soundly.

Observers report that a person usually fidgets(烦躁不安) before a dream. Once the dream has started, his body relaxes and his eyes become more active, as if the curtain had gone up on a show. As soon as the machine shows that the dream is over, a buzzer wakens the sleeper. He sits up, records his dream, and goes back to sleep—perhaps to dream some more.

Researchers have found that if the dreamer is wakened immediately after his dream, he can usually recall the entire dream. If he is allowed to sleep even five more minutes, his memory of the dream will have disappeared.

56. According to the passage, researchers at the University of Chicago are studying ____.

A. contents of dreams

B. dreamers while they dream

C. the meaning of dreams

D. the progress of sleeping

57. Their finding has discovered that _____.

A. everyone dreams every night

B. dreams are easily remembered

C. dreams are likely to be frightening

D. one person dreams only one dream a night

58. The machines being used in the experiment record _____.

A. the depth of sleep

B. the subjects’brain waves and eye movements

C. how many dreams a person has

D. what a sleeper dreams during his sleep

59. A person would be most likely to remember the dream that _____.

A. was of most interest to him

B. occurred immediately after he went to sleep

C. occurred just before he woke up

D. was the longest one to him

B

Without proper planning, tourism can cause problems. For example, too many tourists can crowd public places that are also enjoyed by the inhabitants(居民) of a country. If tourists create too much traffic, the inhabitants become angry and unhappy. They begin to dislike tourists and to treat them impolitely. They forget how much tourism can help the country’s economy. It is important to think about the people of a destination(目的地) country and how tourism affects them. Tourism should help a country keep the customs and beauty that attract tourists. Tourism should also advance health and happiness of local inhabitants.

Too much tourism can be a problem. If tourism grows too quickly, people must leave other jobs to work in the tourism industry. This means that other parts of the country’s economy can suffer.

On the other hand, if there is not enough tourism, people can lose jobs. Businesses can also lose money. It costs a great deal of money to build large hotels, airports, first-class roads, and other support facilities(设施) needed by tourist attractions. For example, a major international-class tourist hotel can cost as much as 50 thousand dollars per room to build. If this room is not used most of the time, the owners of the hotel lose money.

Building a hotel is just a beginning. There must be many support facilities as well, including roads to get to the hotel, electricity, sewers(阴沟) to handle waste, and water. All of these support facilities cost money. If they are not used because there are not enough tourists, jobs and money are lost.

60. Which of the following has most probably been discussed in the paragraph that goes before the passage?

A. It is not important to develop tourism.

B. Building roads and hotels is important.

C. Support facilities are highly necessary.

D. Planning is of great importance to tourism.

61. Too much tourism can cause all these problems except _____.

A. a bad effect on other industries

B. a change of the customs of the country

C. air and water pollution

D. pressure on traffic

62. Not enough tourism can lead to _____.

A. the fact that some people may be out of work

B. an increase in tourist attractions

C. the higher cost of support facilities

D. a rise in price and a fall in pay

63. The word“handle”in the last paragraph most probably means _____.

A. carry away B. pick up C. get in D. take down

C

It is only during the last few years that man has generally realized that in the world of nature a balance exists between all forms of life. No living thing can exist by itself. It is part of a system in which all forms of life are joined together. If we change one part of the nature order, this will almost certa inly bring about changes in some other part.

The cutting of forests reduced the supply of oxygen. The killing of weeds and insects by chemicals led to the wide-spread poisoning of animals and birds. The throwing of waste products into the ocean hurt life in the sea, while waste gases changed the chemical balance of the atmosphere and shut out some of the sun’s necessary life-giving rays.

And so we could go on adding more examples until in despair(绝望) we might feel like giving up the struggle to control these harmful human activities. Man is very clever at changing the world around him to satisfy his immediate needs, but he is not so clever at looking far ahead, or at thinking about what the future results of his action might be. Man may well destroy himself because of his silly action.

64. The first paragraph tells us that _____.

A. all living things in nature depend on each other

B. everything in nature can’t exist without the help of man

C. man has known the importance of the balance of nature for a long time

D. no living thing can live naturally

65. In the second paragraph the examples given are used to prove that _____.

A. all forms of life belong to a system in which all the parts can be changed for one another

B. it is only during the last few years that man has generally known the balance of nature

C. there are some living things which can exist by themselves without change

D. we can’t change one form of life without destroying the balance of nature

66. The last paragraph suggests that in order to get his immediate benefits(利益) _____.

A. man is always anxious to control his activities within limits

B. man is always too eager in planning for distant future

C. man often fails to think about their future results of his action

D. man often feels that he will have to give up in despair

67. Which of the following is true according to the passage?

A. Cutting down woods does little harm to human beings.

B. Man has to pay much more attention to the future results of his present action.

C. Oxygen comes from forests.

D. The passage tells us to try our best to get as much as possible immediately.

D

Scientists used to explore on the surface of the ocean. Now they are exploring below the surface, too. They want to know about ocean water and the plant and animal life deep in the ocean.

In 1934 the scientist William Beebe dived 3,000 feet below the surface in a hollow steel ball. In 1935 August Piccard dived 10, 330 feet. In 1960 his son Jean dived to a depth of 35,800 feet.

All these early dives were deep. But the divers could not stay down for very long. They had to come back up to the surface after a few seconds. Scientists needed to stay down longer to study life below the surface. Gradually they succeeded. Cousteau, a Frenchman, was able to keep men down to a depth of 36 feet for one month and to a depth of 90 feet for a week.

Now scientists are developing even better equipment. With this new equipment, men can stay below the surface for days or even weeks. In 1962 Cousteau set up a research station 35 feet below the surface. Then in 1964 he set up another station on the ocean floor of the Red Sea. This was the first undersea station to operate without help from the surface.

Many countries are now studying undersea living things. The former Soviet Union had an undersea laboratory in the Crimean Sea. The United States has a laboratory 50 feet down on the ocean floor off the Virgin Islands. In 1970 five men lived there for two weeks. Then a team of five women scientists stayed in the laboratory. Next came other teams of men. All were there to explore the ocean depths and to make plans for the use of its resources. Scientists hope to find enough mineral, vegetable, and animal wealth there to provide food for the entire world.

68. In order to _____, scientists are exploring below the surface of the ocean.

A. know about the ocean water deep in the ocean

B. know about the plant and animal life deep in the ocean

C. stay down longer to study life of the plant and animal below the surface

D. both A and B

69. Who made the deepest dive?

A. August Piccard B. Cousteau C. Jean Piccard D. William Beebe

70. Who set up the first undersea station?

A. A Frenchman B. An American C. A Russian D. The passage made no mention

71. Which of the following is true according to the passage?

A. Nobody can stay below the surface of the ocean.

B. The early divers could not stay below the surface of the ocean for very long.

C. The purpose of setting up the undersea laboratories is to make plans for the use of the resources in the ocean.

D. Up to now only five women scientists have stayed in the undersea laboratory.

E

I gave my housekeeper an old pair of trousers to wash and went into the reading room to read. My housekeeper usually examined my pockets before she washed anything, but for some reason she failed to do so this time. As I was reading I suddenly remembered that there was a ten-pound note in the back pocket of the t rousers I had given her to wash. I dropped my book right away and rushed to the bathroom. But it was too late. My housekeeper told me that my trousers had been in the washing machine for ten minutes! I had the machine stopped working at once and pulled my trousers as quickly as I could. I nearly burnt my fingers when I tried to unbutton(解开钮扣) my back pocket. To my great disappointment, I discovered that it had already become a piece of white paper. I stood there, glaring at my housekeeper in silence until she began to cry, begging me to pardon her and not to drive her off.

72. The writer of this passage usually _____.

A. did the housework for himself

B. had the housework done by his housekeeper

C. had the housework done by a family robot(机器人)

D. had to do the housework like a housewife

73. While reading, the writer suddenly remembered _____ a ten-pound note in a pocket of the trousers.

A. to leave

B. that he would leave

C. have left

D. that he had left

74. After unbuttoning the back pocket, the writer found that _____.

A. the ten-pound note had become pieces of paper

B. the ten-pound note had turned into a piece of white paper

C. nothing had happened to the ten-pound note

D. the ten-pound note remained the same as before

75. From this passage we may conclude that the writer was _____ the housekeeper.

A. very pleased with

B. very kind to

C. getting along well with

D. not kind enough to

第二卷(共35分)

第四部分:写作(共2小题,满分35分)

第一小题:情景作文(满分20分)

注意:

1.故事必须包括所有图画的内容,可以适当增加细节,使故事连贯。

2.词数100个左右。

下面的四幅图描述了王女士几天前经历的一件事情。请根据这些图用英语写一篇故事。

第二小题:开放作文(满分15分)

根据下面提供的情景,写一段接续文字。

注意:词数不少于30个。

You are in the sitting room talking to your good friend over the phone and crying. Your mother also feels very sad. This is what you tell your friend.

参考答案

1—5 BBCBC 6—10 BABCC 11—15 AAABA 16—20 AACBC

21—25 DBACC 26—30 ACBDC 31—35 CDAAD 36—40 BACAB

41—45 DBBDC 46—50 AABAC 51—55 DACDB 56-60 BABCD

61—65 CAAAD 66—70 CBDCA 71—75 BBDBD

情景作文:

A few days ago, Miss Wang was going home by bike. While she was riding in the street, she saw a man with a knife in his hand and his face covered with a piece of cloth running towards her. The man had taken her handbag out of the basket of her bike and run away before she could do anything. There was no one she could turn to for help at that time, for it was very late at night. Luckily, she had her mobile phone at hand. Immediately she took it out and phoned the police. She told them what the man was like and in which direction he had run. The police came very quickly and caught the robber. Miss Wang got her handbag back and felt very grateful for what the police had done for her.

开放作文:

I feel sad because our pet dog is missing. Whenever I got home, he would run over to the door and bring my slippers to me. But yesterday I couldn’t find it anywhere. The whole family started a search for it, but in vain. I am thinking of looking for it again after school today.

免责声明:本文为网络用户发布,其观点仅代表作者个人观点,与本站无关,本站仅提供信息存储服务。文中陈述内容未经本站证实,其真实性、完整性、及时性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并请自行核实相关内容。
2023年上半年GDP全球前十五强
 百态   2023-10-24
美众议院议长启动对拜登的弹劾调查
 百态   2023-09-13
上海、济南、武汉等多地出现不明坠落物
 探索   2023-09-06
印度或要将国名改为“巴拉特”
 百态   2023-09-06
男子为女友送行,买票不登机被捕
 百态   2023-08-20
手机地震预警功能怎么开?
 干货   2023-08-06