CUSTOMER: Congratulations, Mr. Yamamoto. You''re famous! 恭喜你, 山本先生, 你出名了.
MR. YAMAMOT Famous? 出名?
CUSTOMER: Yes. That was a great article about you in the paper. 是啊? 报上有一大篇关於你的文章.
MR. YAMAMOT Ssh. Don''t tell the vegetables. They don''t know yet. 嘘! 不要跟蔬菜说, 它们还不知道呢!
CUSTOMER: What does your family think about it? 你家人觉得怎样?
MR. YAMAMOT They''re very happy about it. It''s good for business. 他们很高兴, 这有助於生意.
CUSTOMER: Where''s Jim today? 吉姆今天到那里去了.
MR. YAMAMOT He''s at the Fair. He''s celebrating. 他在博览会, 他庆贺去了.
CUSTOMER: What''s he celebrating? 他庆贺什麽?
MR. YAMAMOT My new fame and fortune. 我的新名誉和运气.
CUSTOMER: Maybe he''s right. Why aren''t you celebrating with him? 也许他是对的, 你为什麽没跟他一道庆祝呢?
MR. YAMAMOT Celebrations are for young people. 庆祝是属於年轻人的.
CUSTOMER: Well, maybe. But all of us need a day off, sometimes. Why don''t you go to the Fair, Mr. Yamamoto? 嗯, 也许是, 不过, 我们大家有时候也是需要休息的. 山本先生, 你何不到博览会去呢?
MR. YAMAMOT I don''t really like crowds. 我真不喜欢人群.
CUSTOMER: I can understand that. But you can go on Wednesdays or Thursdays. It''s not so crowded then. 我能了解, 不过, 你可以在星期三或星期四去, 那时候就没有那麽拥挤了.
MR. YAMAMOT Yes? Well, maybe. 是吗? 好吧, 也许.