JOANA: Mama, the Crawfords are coming to dinner next Wednesday. 妈, 郭佛家人在下星期三将来我们家吃晚餐.
MRS. FARIAS: Mr. Crawford. 郭佛先生?
MRS. FARIAS: Isn''t he one of Paulo''s business acquaintances? 他是不是保罗的生意上的朋友之一?
JOANA: Yes. 是的.
MRS. FARIAS: I see. When are they coming? 我明白了, 他们什麽时候来啊?
JOANA: Next Wednesday, the nineteenth. 下星期三, 十九号.
MRS. FARIAS: How many people are there going to be? 一共有多少人来呢?
JOANA: Six in all. Mr. and Mrs. Crawford, Michael, Paulo, you and me. 共六位, 郭佛夫妇, 迈克尔, 保罗, 你和我.
MRS. FARIAS: What are you going to serve? 你准备做什麽呢?
JOANA: I''m not sure. 我不太确定.
MRS. FARIAS: Do they like Brazilian food? 他们喜欢巴西菜吗?
JOANA: I don''t know. 我不知道.
MRS. FARIAS: We could make "feijoada." Everyone likes that. 我们可以做 "feijoada" (咸八宝饭), 每个人都喜欢这种菜的.
JOANA: I suppose so. What do you think? 我也这麽想, 您认为怎麽样?
JOANA: It isn''t very fancy. 那并不很新奇.
MRS. FARIAS: Well, they''re your guests. You decide. 好吧! 他们是你的客人, 你决定.
JOANA: You''re right. "Feijoada" it is. 您是对的, 就做 "咸八宝饭".
MRS. FARIAS: Tell me about Michael. 告诉我一些有关迈克尔的事.
JOANA: Well, he''s very tall and handsome. He has big blue eyes and long blond hair. 好啊! 他高大而英俊, 有一双大大的碧眼及长长的金黄头.
MRS. FARIAS: Oh? How long? 哦! 有多长啊?
JOANA: Down to his shoulders. It''s beautiful. Like gold. 到他肩部, 很漂亮的, 就像黄金一样.
MRS. FARIAS: What does he do, dear? 他做些什麽事呢? 孩子.
JOANA: He does many things. 他做许多事,
JOANA: He''s very creative. 他很有创造力,
JOANA: He''s a great painter, really. He also gives free English lessons to the people in his neighborhood. 事实上他是个画家, 他还免费帮他的邻居上英文课.
MRS. FARIAS: I see. 我懂了.
JOANA: You''re going to like him. Everybody does. 你将会喜欢他的, 每个人都喜欢他.
MRS. FARIAS: Where does he live? 他住在哪儿啊?
JOANA: He has a small apartment on 88th Street. 他有间小公寓, 在八十八街.
MRS. FARIAS: A small apartment. On 88th Street. 小公寓, 在八十八街.
JOANA: Don''t worry, Mama. 不要操心, 妈,
JOANA: I''m not going to marry him tomorrow. 我不会明天就嫁给他的.