NORA: Good morning, sir. May I help you? 早安, 先生, 我能效劳吗?
CUSTOMER: It''s our anniversary today. I''m looking for the same flowers as the ones in her wedding bouquet. 今天是我们结婚年, 我要找 (买) 一些和内人在婚礼上所拿的相同的花束.
NORA: What do they look like? 是什麽样子的?
CUSTOMER: White. They''re white. 白色的, 白色的花束.
NORA: How tall are they? 有多高啊?
CUSTOMER: They''re short, I guess. About the same height as those short flowers over there. 我想, 它是矮矮的, 差不多跟那边的花朵一样高.
NORA: Do they look like roses? 它像玫瑰?
CUSTOMER: No. They look like little bells. 不像, 它们看起来像个小钟形.
NORA: Oh -- lilies of the valley. No, I''m sorry. 哦 -- 铃兰, 很抱歉,
NORA: We''re out of them at the moment. 这个时候我们没有铃兰.
CUSTOMER: Oh, that''s too bad. 哎呀, 那太糟了.
NORA: What about roses? 买些玫瑰怎麽样?
CUSTOMER: OK. 好吧!
CUSTOMER: How many do you suggest? 你认为需要多少?
NORA: As many as you like, sir. They''re beautiful, aren''t they? 你需要多少就买多少, 先生. 它们很漂亮, 不是吗?
CUSTOMER: Yes, they are. 是的, 很漂亮.
NORA: Hi, Peggy. Hi, Suzy. 嗨, 蓓姬、苏西,
NORA: What a nice surprise! 真是巧极了.
PEGGY: Hi, Mom. We''re on our way home from school. 嗨! 妈, 我们刚下馕正要回家.
NORA: Excuse me a minute, girls. 等一下, 孩子们.
NORA: Jane, can you take care of this gentleman? Now, how was school today? 珍, 你能来招呼这位男士吗? 好了, 今天在学校怎麽样?
SUZY: The same as always. 老样子,
PEGGY: Oh. There was one thing. 哦, 有件新鲜事.
NORA: Oh? 哦?
SUZY: Jack was in a big fight. 杰克跟人家打架.
NORA: Is he all right? 他还好吧?
PEGGY: I think so. But he''s in the principal''s office. 我想是没事, 不过他在校长室.
NORA: Oh, no! 噢, 真糟糕!
SUZY: Why are Billy and Jack so different from each other? 为什麽比利与杰克会有这麽大的不同呢?
NORA: I don''t know, dear. I really don''t. 我不知道, 孩子, 我真不知道.
SUZY: When are you coming home, Mom? 妈, 您何时回家?
NORA: It''s Friday. The store is open until 9:00 tonight. 星期五, 这家店营业到九点.
SUZY: Gee, you''re as bad as Dad. 唉! 你跟爸爸一样糟糕.
NORA: What do you mean, dear? 孩子, 这话是什麽意思?
SUZY: You''re never home, either. 你也从不回家.