着迷英语900句 Book3-1

王朝英语沙龙·作者佚名  2007-01-10
窄屏简体版  字體: |||超大  

LAURA: Hi, Bill. 嗨, 比尔你好.

BILL: Hi, Laura. How are you today? 嗨, 罗拉. 你今天怎么样?

LAURA: Awful. I resigned. 糟透了! 我辞职了.

BILL: You resigned? Why? 你辞职了? 为什么?

BILL: You liked the job, didn''t you? 你不是蛮喜欢那份工作吗?

LAURA: Yes and no. I never liked my boss. You know that. 喜欢也不喜欢. 我始终都不喜欢我的老板, 这个你是知道的.

BILL: Yes. But it was an interesting job, wasn''t it? 对, 可是那份工作不是蛮有趣的吗?

LAURA: Yes. 是的.

LAURA: We handled all the advertising and promotion for the Fair. 我们负责万博会所有的广告与宣传促销.

BILL: Well, what are you going to do now? 那么, 你现在打算怎么样.

LAURA: Find another job. Do you need a secretary? 找新工作. 你需不需要一个秘书?

LAURA: I type sixty words a minute. 我一分钟可以打六十个字.

BILL: No, not today. But did you look in the newspaper? 今天不需要. 不过你可曾在报纸上找过?

LAURA: Yes. Nobody needs a secretary this week. 找过了, 这个礼拜那里都不缺秘书.

BILL: What about the employment office here at the Fair? 万博会的人事处如何呢?

BILL: Did you check with them? 你到那边问过没有?

LAURA: No, I didn''t. 没有, 我没有.

BILL: Why not? 为什么不去呢?

LAURA: Because they aren''t going to help me. 因为他们不会帮助我的.

LAURA: I resigned from a good job! 我已经辞掉一份很好的工作!

BILL: Maybe you''re wrong. 也许你错了.

LAURA: Oh, Bill. You need recommendations to get a good job. Mr. Crawford isn''t going to give me a recommendation. 噢, 比尔, 要找一份好工作, 非有以前雇主的推荐不可. 郭佛先生不会帮我写推荐函的.

BILL: Look. 我跟你讲,

BILL: Mr. Crawford is difficult to work for, right? 替郭佛先生作事很艰难, 你说是不是?

LAURA: Right. 是.

BILL: Well, maybe the employment office knows it, too. 也许人事处里也知道这个情形.

LAURA: Is that possible? 有那个可能吗?

BILL: Of course, it's possible! Maybe you're his seventh secretary in two years! 当然有可能! 说不定你是他两年来第七任秘书!

LAURA: Maybe. Thanks, Bill. 也许吧. 谢谢你, 比尔.

BILL: Don't mention it. Good luck. 不足挂齿, 祝你成功!

 
 
 
免责声明:本文为网络用户发布,其观点仅代表作者个人观点,与本站无关,本站仅提供信息存储服务。文中陈述内容未经本站证实,其真实性、完整性、及时性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并请自行核实相关内容。
 
 
© 2005- 王朝網路 版權所有 導航