分享

Ready To Celebrate The Family's 3rd Birthday

王朝英语沙龙·作者佚名  2007-01-10
窄屏简体版  字體: |||超大  

Hi all, I am sorry to have been absent here for a few days,for something is wrong with my personal computer,and I had to send it for repair,now my access to the internet is through the computer in my working place.I am very glad to know that third anniversary of this forum's founding is coming.Now let me talk something about my feeling so far about this forum. I had been full of curiosity in this cyberspace,everything in this mysterious world seemed so engaging to me that I blundered about the interwoven world wide web,to hunt for everything interesting,I had dropped in many many websites from home to the other side of the world,I liked to play games online for a whole night,I liked to have chit-chat with friends,sometimes we hit it off like a house on fire,the other times we fell in a fight and dug dirt bout each other,flang mud at each other.Though had ever got a great kick out of playing around the net,I scarce concentrated on one place for more than a week. Accidently I found hongen.com through a teaching software named"Superlistener World" which I bought more than a year ago.I was delighted to find that there were so many useful columns for learning here,then andy's coulumn attracted me,why?here I'd like to plug in an episode,you know,in the "Superlistener Worl" there is a guiding girl named andy,I like this name very much,so wondered if this column was hosted by the same andy in person,that I clicked in with great curiosity.Though a little disappointed to find it wasn't the same andy,I was tantalized by the questions posted,so I was itching to give answers to those questions,but when I clicked on the "submit"button,I was told to have no right to post for not being a registered user,then I had go bother to register a name as "glowie".There I know jenny instead of andy,here ardor and well-done replies aroused my respect. Concerning the word"respect",I'd like to plug in another episode,jenny and I had ever disputed over a question concerning the use of the different forms of "respect",which I can't recall in detail,(I don't know if jenny remember it yet,probably not,I think,for she has to deal with so many questions every day) approximately,it was like this,"The old gentleman with his grey hair,gold spectacles looks very_____(A. respectful,B. respectable)."jenny chose A,and I preferred to B.jenny said she had consulted a native Canadian on this question,on seeing her Canadian rescuer my stance was almost shaken,but I flundered by saying that if we chose A,the sentence should be changed to "The old gentleman with his grey hair,humble face,hat in hand looks very respectful."We quit the discussion with the question unsettled finally,it's still a cliff hanger in my mind.Oh,sorry to come up with this question in this red letter day of our forum's 3rd birthday,but doesn't it add a little more salt to our joy to look back some of our interesting history? It was because of a deleted article by jenny on andy's column that I was led to Cannuck's comments(sorry again,I have been beating around the bush for such a long time before I get to the point).jenny said my topic was off the beam on that forum,which should have been posted on Cannuck's comments.Then I came here,Lord!there were so many articles,I wasted no time to click on those articles on after another,like a bee sucking the sweet nectar from various flowers,they were so interesting and many of them not only provided food for thought but brimmed with attic salt.I was so delighted as to find a treasure-trov,I hated my sack was too small to sack all the treasure away.From then on I have kept coming here nearly every day,gradually I see here's an unexhausted bonanza,there would grow as much treasure as I took away everyday,then I realized that it's just because every friend here contributes his/her share of talent to this big family that makes here an ever blooming garden.I shouldn't only take,I should give my share of glow,I should join the family instead of only being a stander-by.With this regard,I began replying to some friends on their topics,posting some originals,interactiong with friends,now I can not only gain much mere knowledge of this language but get a great kick out of communicating with friends here,later I knew the knowledgeable and warm-hearted internationalist,Mary,enthusiastic Azure,talented heoteal,honest and well-informed Standly,lovely brook as well as sensible moongrll,by the way,David,though the master here,is yet a mysterious background hero to me,I don't know when I can take off his veil. Though a little busy with my job in reality,I keep coming here nearly everyday,for I have already taken here as my virtual family,to have a look at my friends here has become a indispensable part of my daily life. jenny had been worried about some friends may leave here someday,I think there is no need,you know,our family members including me may leave here one day in the future for one reason or another,but we won't regret,because we'll have grown up,become different from before we entered this family.To see its members leave for a long journey one by another is just like to see her fully-fledged children go out of the warm home to explore the splendid outside world,meanwhile this family has never been lack of newcomers. The family's birthday is just around the corner,let's throw all the unpleasant into the sky,and celebrate our common festival together.

免责声明:本文为网络用户发布,其观点仅代表作者个人观点,与本站无关,本站仅提供信息存储服务。文中陈述内容未经本站证实,其真实性、完整性、及时性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并请自行核实相关内容。
2023年上半年GDP全球前十五强
 百态   2023-10-24
美众议院议长启动对拜登的弹劾调查
 百态   2023-09-13
上海、济南、武汉等多地出现不明坠落物
 探索   2023-09-06
印度或要将国名改为“巴拉特”
 百态   2023-09-06
男子为女友送行,买票不登机被捕
 百态   2023-08-20
手机地震预警功能怎么开?
 干货   2023-08-06