分享

The experiences of Childhood

王朝英语沙龙·作者佚名  2007-01-10
窄屏简体版  字體: |||超大  

I often recall my childhood ,the period without sorrow, misery, and suffering .When I was a kid ,both my parents were busy with work ,so I lived with the family of Granny in a village ,a very loveable village .At that time ,life was leisurely and carefree ,the air was always fresh ,and the sky ,azure . I had many little pals in that hamlet ,they were all kind to me. At the south of the village ,there was a poplar grove ,which was the paradise for us .In our children’s eyes ,it looked like a magical and charmful forest. We often played like rascals to our hearts’ content, running ,laughing ,shouting ,in chase of dragonflies and butterflies ,plucking wild flowers. Specially on Summer nights ,I still remember to this day ,several pals and I, flashlights in hand, frequently slipped into grove to catch the cicadas ,which we would carry home to fry them into the delicious food .we were all skilled in this field ,and soon the plastic bag was full .we went back with delight ,humming a tune… Summer nights were also wonderful if I stayed at home .Grandfather ,after a day’s tillage, sat in the center of the courtyard ,sucking at his pipe ,and between gulps of bitter tea ,telling stories about Three Kingdoms ,anecdotes of Zhuyuan Zhang, the first emperor of Ming dynasty ,the lengend “Cowherd and the girl Weaver” ,and so on .These stories had a strong appeal to children ,and I , usually opening eyes wide, listening to grandpa carefully ,was often entranced in fantasy…A soft breeze wafted through the court, the whole yard was shrouded in the watery moonbeams .What a beautiful scene !Today ,I still remember those evenings so well, the sights and sounds will always be fresh in my mind whenever I recall. To the east of the village ,a river ,with the width about several meters ,flowed slowly to distance .The water was transparent ,at the sun-shine day ,you could clearly see the verdant grass which growing under the surface. Fishes ,shrimps were abundant in it. For us ,the river was our heaven ,it had presented us so much pleasure .sometimes we came here to catch fishes and shrimps .We went skating in winter and swimming in summer, also racing tricks ,joking and laughing, planning a career as a sailor, and the river was our permanent stage .Some boys, including me, especially liked swim .so in hot days, we sometimes carried out the swim contests ,the winner would be respected by other kids and for himself ,it was a great honor .If the day got too hot ,we would steep ourselves in the cool water to escape the scorching sun .When winter came ,the river gradually froze into an immense ice block ,then we would go skating on the surface, running ,chasing each other .At times snowflakes were dancing in the air ,and soon the river ,the corn-fields ,the grove ,and so on ,all were enveloped with the white snow. Occasionally ,there was a heavy snow fall ,then we cheered to celebrate the excellent weather for playing. Out of house, we piled up the snowman ,snowed at each other ,and fighted mock battles. As a child ,I was mischievous. One summer afternoon ,my nighbour’s boy suggested we play a game named “hide-and-seek” ,which was our Favorite childish game .We all agreed and pleasantly went into action. Several boys started to run in different directions and hid them in secret places ,the task of other kids was to find them out one by one. Acting as the “runner” ,I started to run .Suddenly an idea flashed through my mind ,and I hid myself on the top of the haystack with the thought that it was impossible for them to catch me. Lied comfortably on the stack ,the breeze caressed my face tenderly ,the fragrance of straw greeted my nostril ,my whole body sank into the loose straw deeply and at this time I felt as snug as a bug in a rug! After a while ,I fell into sleep, soundly. When I awaked ,vow! the stars had studded in the sky ,and electric torches flashed here and there ,I heard my granny and uncle and some villagers ,all shouting my pet name desperately. I jumped off the stack , ran like an arrow to granny ,threw myself into her arms .Hugging me tightly ,she kissed my cheeks, said: “naughty boy ,where have you gone ?we were worried to death!”…When I recall this thing ,it seems so funny and always makes me smile .An interesting past event ,indeed. Generally speaking ,at the age of my childhood ,life was simple yet full of happiness ,endless interesting things .Now ,before my eyes ,a rather advanced and complicated world is changing every day .but I don’t feel so happy as before, I often feel bewildered ,frustrated ,sometimes have even lost myself. I am a mature man, have earned the title of “the engineer” ,living in a little city, do the familiar work day in and day out ,all in all ,life is tedious. I often dream of moving to the countryside ,bathing in the golden rays of the warm-sun, enjoying the carefree pleasure just like before .How I cherish the idyllic childhood!

免责声明:本文为网络用户发布,其观点仅代表作者个人观点,与本站无关,本站仅提供信息存储服务。文中陈述内容未经本站证实,其真实性、完整性、及时性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并请自行核实相关内容。
2023年上半年GDP全球前十五强
 百态   2023-10-24
美众议院议长启动对拜登的弹劾调查
 百态   2023-09-13
上海、济南、武汉等多地出现不明坠落物
 探索   2023-09-06
印度或要将国名改为“巴拉特”
 百态   2023-09-06
男子为女友送行,买票不登机被捕
 百态   2023-08-20
手机地震预警功能怎么开?
 干货   2023-08-06